Monday, March 3, 2008

Simon says



Film Plot

"Five teenagers set-off on spring break only to have their vacation plans interrupted by the mysterious disappearance of one of their friends. Before long, the kids realize they'd made a grave mistake trusting an odd set of twins who recommended the cursed lakeside campsite. Launched into a deadly game of cat and mouse, the winner is the one to unravel the game's only rule ... YOU MUST ALWAYS DO WHAT SIMON SAYS."

Filem diatas didasari oleh ide permainan anak-anak ini


"Simon says is a game for three or more players (most often children). One of the people is "it" – i.e., Simon. The others must do what Simon tells them to do when asked with a phrase beginning with "Simon says". If Simon says "Simon says jump", the players must jump (players that do not jump are out). However, if Simon says simply "jump", without first saying "Simon says", players do not jump; those that do jump are out. In general, it is the spirit of the command, not the actions that matters; if Simon says "Simon says touch your toes", players only have to show that they are trying to touch their toes. It is the ability to distinguish between valid and invalid commands, rather than physical ability, that matters here.

It is Simon's task to try to get everyone out as quickly as possible, and it is every one else's job to stay "in" for as long as possible. The last of Simon's followers to stay in wins (although the game is not always played all the way through).

It is considered cheating to give impossible commands ("Simon says 'lift your left leg'. Simon says 'lift your right leg'. Simon did not say 'put your left leg down'!") or phrase the commands in such a way that the other player has no option but to 'go out' ("Simon says 'jump up'. Come down."). However, at least in some versions, it is allowed for Simon to eliminate players by asking them to do something seemingly unrelated to the game (example: "Anyone remaining join me up here.") "

Lakukan apa yang diperintahkan atau dikatakan ole Simon

Demikian juga spirit yang ada dalam film Speed

Perhatikan tulisan warna merah diatas :

In general, it is the spirit of the command, not the actions that matters;


Yes...its spirit!


Banyak diantara kita sering terjebak dalam spirit permaian Simon says ini


Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked?


Who told thee?

Who said to thee?


You say: "It's impossible"

God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)


You say: "I'm too tired"

God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)


You say: "Nobody really loves me"

God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34 )



You say: "I can't go on"

God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)



You say: "I can't figure things out"

God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)



You say: "I can't do it"

God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)



You say: "I'm not able"

God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)



You say: "It's not worth it"

God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )



You say: "I can't forgive myself"

God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)



You say: "I can't manage"

God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)



You say: "I'm afraid"

God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)



You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"

God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)



You say: "I'm not smart enough"

God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)



You say: "I feel all alone"

God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)


Jos 1:9 Bukankah telah Kuperintahkan kepadamu: kuatkan dan teguhkanlah hatimu? Janganlah kecut dan tawar hati, sebab TUHAN, Allahmu, menyertai engkau, ke manapun engkau pergi."


You can't hold on two master

You can't follow the two directions at the same time


You must decide


...follow whatever GOD SAID..


or


follow whatever SIMON SAID...


Jos 24:15 Tetapi jika kamu anggap tidak baik untuk beribadah kepada TUHAN, pilihlah pada hari ini kepada siapa kamu akan beribadah; allah yang kepadanya nenek moyangmu beribadah di seberang sungai Efrat, atau allah orang Amori yang negerinya kamu diami ini. Tetapi aku dan seisi rumahku, kami akan beribadah kepada TUHAN!"


credit goes to Utid; thx for your idea


with warm regards

No comments: